What is Marketing, Digital Marketing & Internet Marketing?
If you’re in a business, as the Owner, Marketing Manager, Sales or as part of the Marketing team, you will be familiar with these terms banded about, thrown at you and used as part of your push to increase awareness of your products and services, which will hopefully lead to increased sales.
But the short of it is, What is Marketing, Digital Marketing & Internet Marketing?
What is marketing?
The process of getting your value message out to your target audience, including research, price, placement and continual activity, offering a solution or igniting a passion for your potential customers, through the use of your products or services.
Marketing as an overview should encompass a strategy, be value driven and results focused.
Digital Marketing, so what is it?
In simplistic terms, digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media.
- SMS Text marketing
- Adverts placed on mobile devices, through games that show ads, Clash of Clans, Snap Chat etc
- Electronic Billboards
- Supermarket Adboards / TV’s
- Web & Email
Internet Marketing, isn’t it the same as Digital Marketing?
Internet marketing, or online marketing, refers to advertising and marketing efforts that use the Web and email to drive direct sales via electronic commerce, in addition to sales leads from Web sites or emails.
- Websites – Your own
- Video Marketing – YouTube
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Google+ & LinkedIn etc
- Content Marketing / Blogging
- Document sharing sites
- SEO – Google
- Pay Per Click – Adwords
- Email Marketing – Optin, Auto responders
- Podcasting – Download to your mobile device or from a website
- Webinars – Hangouts and other live / past recorded videos / presentations
- Press Releases
So, what’s the importance of understanding all of this information on internet marketing? Make sure that first of all you have:
- Your marketing strategy in place
- Your understand your vision, focus and where you are heading
- What is your market strategy going to be to get your marketing message out there
- Understand what digital channels you can go down
This blog was taken from a presentation we discussed live on a Google hangout. We do this every Wednesday at 1pm GMT so make sure you give us a watch. If you have any questions to ask us about this topic or any questions you have in general, get in contact with us via Twitter using #ATYC.
If you are watching us on YouTube after our hangout has finished please don’t hesitate to ask any questions In the comments under the video.
You can download the presentation we used on this hangout for FREE! by clicking this link ► Download